- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Accenture : New IT Management System for the Defense Contract Management Agency
January 24, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has awarded Accenture Federal Services an eight-month contract to design a master blueprint for automating the department’s Earned Value Center. Joe Chenelle, who leads Accenture’s defense and intelligence agency business commented:
“This blueprint will give the DCMA a clear path to process improvements through the use of technology. Working side-by-side with our clients, Accenture implements innovative solutions that dramatically improve operational performance,” he said.
The Earned Value Center is part of the agency that reviews more than a trillion dollars of annual defense spending from around the world. Accenture’s work will focus on deploying analytics, improving work flow and streamlining reporting to help the DCMA increase efficiency and address a backlog of reviews that currently rely on manual processes. Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) is responsible for ensuring that DoD contractors in the United States and abroad are reporting their costs and schedules accurately using the highest standards for earned value management established by the National Defense Industry Association.
Accenture’s federal business serves every cabinet-level department and 20 of the largest federal organizations. The U.S. federal portfolio spans across clients in civilian, defense, intelligence and public safety agencies.
Accenture Federal Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, a U.S. company, with offices in Arlington, VA. Accenture’s federal business serves every cabinet-level department and 20 of the largest federal organizations. The U.S. federal portfolio spans across clients in civilian, defense, intelligence and public safety agencies.