- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
- 5 things you must do to win your first client.
Accenture: Operation of Procurement Function Awarded
November 24, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been selected by Amprion Ltd., Germany’s largest transmission system operator, to help optimize its procurement function and improve its competitive positioning in a rapidly changing market.
“Accenture looks forward to working with Amprion to further optimize its procurement processes,” said Andreas Wisser, a senior executive in Accenture’s Utilities industry group. “This agreement should enable Amprion to focus more on its core business: the upgrading and operation of its high voltage network.”
Accenture will run and maintain the procurement function from Dortmund and its Delivery Centers in Prague and Bratislava.
The company will be responsible for managing the purchase of all goods and services for Amprion, from negotiations with suppliers to the review and settlement of invoices, in order to improve processes and lower total costs. Accenture will also provide a procurement help desk capability.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with 257,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.