- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Accenture: Smart Metering Solutions for Utilities Provided
October 19, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Accenture has announced they are working with Siemens on smart metering solutions for utility companies. The Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) solutions are designed to provide more information on electrical grid activity and Accenture Smart Grid Services (ASGS) will provide consulting, systems integration and managed services for smart meter and analytics solutions. Siemens will leverage its eMeter EnergyIP Meter Data Management Platform and Analytics Foundation and corresponding professional services.
Jack Azagury, managing director for Accenture Smart Grid Services comments:
“Combining Accenture’s Smart Grid capabilities, which include advanced IT expertise, and deep industry knowledge, with Siemen’s Smart Grid and Smart Metering technology as well as extensive experience in utility operations, will help utilities improve their operations by better capturing and analyzing customer data,” he said. “Together, we can help utilities unlock the value of their smart metering capabilities while reducing risk as they adopt these new technologies.”
Siemens and Accenture are currently working with SaskPower, a leading Canadian utility, to help implement an advanced metering infrastructure that will help the company provide more reliable energy and better customer service.