- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
Accenture: Two-Year Management Consulting Agreement Awarded
December 24, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
United Bank of India (UBI), a leading public sector bank from the East, is embarking on a transformation program to enhance its productivity by harnessing technology and operational changes. UBI has signed an agreement with Accenture (NYSE: ACN), which will provide management consulting advisory services to support the bank’s strategic transformation program.
Accenture will advise the bank on ways to develop and optimize its operating model, with a significant focus on strengthening the bank’s branch network and other customer channels. This will include assisting UBI with ways to renew and optimize its more than 1,700 branches, enhance the sales-effectiveness of its branch workforce, and improve and refine its branch footprint. Accenture also will help the bank identify ways to increase adoption of digital channels such as online banking and social media.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 259,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Under the contract, Accenture also will assist UBI in its talent and human resource strategies by helping to enhance its manpower planning, establish performance management systems that foster meritocracy and by developing a five-year roadmap for developing critical employee skills through training.