- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Accenture: Two-Year Management Consulting Agreement
December 23, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
United Bank of India (UBI), a leading public sector bank from the East, is embarking on a transformation program to enhance its productivity by harnessing technology and operational changes. UBI has signed an agreement with Accenture (NYSE: ACN), which will provide management consulting advisory services to support the bank’s strategic transformation program.
Accenture will advise the bank on ways to develop and optimize its operating model, with a significant focus on strengthening the bank’s branch network and other customer channels. This will include assisting UBI with ways to renew and optimize its more than 1,700 branches, enhance the sales-effectiveness of its branch workforce, and improve and refine its branch footprint. Accenture also will help the bank identify ways to increase adoption of digital channels such as online banking and social media.
Under the contract, Accenture also will assist UBI in its talent and human resource strategies by helping to enhance its manpower planning, establish performance management systems that foster meritocracy and by developing a five-year roadmap for developing critical employee skills through training.