- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
BearingPoint: Majority Share Acquired In “HyperCube” Software Technology
January 25, 2012
Rob Starr, Big4.com Staff Reporter
BearingPoint (www.bearingpoint.com) has made a significant investment in the business analytics solution HyperCube by acquiring a majority percentage of the parent software company Effiscience (www.effiscience.org). By acquiring the technology, BearingPoint expands its service portfolio in the fast growing asset based consulting field and offers market-specific analytics applications.
With the transaction, BearingPoint addresses an increasing challenge facing many companies regarding their business performance and perspectives, namely, the effective use of increasingly available data in business processes. HyperCube offers a solution to quantify ‘big data’ with very high precision, to identify opportunities and hedge risks along the entire value chain. The software generates easy to understand formal rules immediately usable by end-users, improving the way companies make decisions.
HyperCube is a software developed in over fifteen years of advanced mathematical research in the scientific field. It has been continuously further enhanced to better reflect the needs of various industry segments and has been successfully implemented in a number of renowned companies. Its new non statistical approaches are enabled by a state of the art mathematical algorithm as well as massive computing capabilities provided in a cloud computing environment (SaaS).
HyperCube “constitutes an excellent reusable asset for BearingPoint’s consulting practice,” noted Alys Woodward, Program Manager, European Business Analytics, IDC.
“The integration of the software is important for meeting future needs of our customers in handling and using ‘big data’ in their business processes”, commented Peter Mockler, Managing Partner at BearingPoint. “Business analytics will become one of the most challenging prospective corporate requirements,” he said, adding the transaction is another important step in extending BearingPoint’s position as one of the leading international business consultancies.
BearingPoint’s acquisition and investment in this new software will compliment the firm’s established product and solution portfolio such as the regulatory reporting tool ABACUS and the Infonova product suite.