- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Ernst & Young: 2012 Distribution and Manufacturing Category Award Winner Named
November 19, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4com
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award is the country’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The award encourages entrepreneurial activity and recognizes leaders and visionaries who demonstrate innovation, financial success and personal commitment as they create and build world-class businesses. This year, Eric Lofquist, Founder of Magnus International Group, has been named the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Distribution and Manufacturing Category Award winner.
For Lofquist, the road to becoming an entrepreneur began with careers at several large corporations, where he gained valuable experience as a fuel and energy consultant and learned more about chemical and environmental companies. However, it was at these big corporations he also learned that advancement was based more on years of service rather than performance or merit. It was this kind of culture that led Lofquist to believe he could start a business that not only filled a gap he saw in creating groundbreaking systems for recovering raw materials, but also maintained a world class company culture.
“Entrepreneurs like Eric Lofquist see unmet needs and opportunities in the market and in so doing drive innovation and make significant contributions to our U.S. economy by harnessing the skilled workforce in their own backyard to create local jobs,” said Bryan Pearce, Americas Director, Entrepreneur Of The Year, Ernst & Young LLP. “Lofquist’s unique style and production expertise has broad appeal to companies’ sustainability programs. He’s leveraged his reputation as an innovator to help develop solutions for these companies so they can use their by-products in an environmentally sensitive and profitable manner.”