- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
Ernst & Young: CEO James S. Turley keynotes ALPFA Convention Scholarship Luncheon
August 16, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Ernst & Young’s Global Chairman and CEO Jim Turley was the highest-ranking industry leader speaking at the 2012 ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting) Convention. The event took place in Las Vegas with the theme, “Shining the Light on 40 Years of Latino Leadership” and ends today.
Turley spoke Aug 14 and addressed nearly 3,000 students and professionals during his keynote at the firm-sponsored ALPFA Scholarship Luncheon, recognizing students for their achievements and representing Ernst & Young LLP, which is giving $25,000 total in scholarships to benefit Latino students. This year’s winners include Patricia Guerra, recipient of a $10,000 scholarship, and Ashlee Henriquez, Eric Alvarez and Erika Arce, each recipients of a $5,000 scholarship.
Ernst & Young LLP also hosted the Student Leaders Program on Monday, Aug. 13, for all 45 scholarship recipients to help them develop self awareness and leadership skills, and enable them to network with Ernst & Young professionals.
Since its inception, the Ernst & Young organization has supported ALPFA, the premier business organization expanding opportunities for Latino leadership in the global marketplace. During its 40th Annual National Convention, Ernst & Young LLP is serving as a Host Sponsor, presenting during conference sessions, sponsoring a variety of activities, and sending more than 100 Ernst & Young professionals to attend the Convention and development sessions with Turley.