- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
Former Accenture Manager Chris Smith Joins Board of Advisers at Syracuse University
December 21, 2012
Christopher Smith, former manager at Accenture, has recently been elected to the Board of Directors of the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University. Smith graduated from the program in 1997 and has become a renowned expert in IT and business development processes.
Elizabeth D. Liddy, Dean of the School of Information Studies, said she looks forward to working closely with Smith. Smith conducted a presentation at an Alumni reception in March and Liddy requested that he join the Board.
Smith has worked for a number of prestigious firms since his resignation from Accenture. He worked with IBM as a lead manager in the enterprise computing division. His position at IBM inspired a passion for venture capital initiatives. He is currently a managing director for the Coral Group. His primary responsibility is assisting firms in various sectors of the IT industry that seek to acquire seed capital for their new ventures.
Smith began his career as an engineer, but has since proven his competencies as a business leader. Liddy said that she is grateful that Smith accepted her offer to join the Board of Directors. He will be joining at the same time as Krista Canfield, manager of corporate communications at LinkedIn.