- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
PwC: Airline Sector Comments
November 11, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Roger de Peyrecave, PwC Head of Airlines commented recently on the airline industry saying that carriers needed to re-evaluate how and where they can initiate ways to become more efficient. He suggested they could gain insights from other capital intensive industries such as the automotive sector, on how they have managed to achieve long term sustainable changes.
“The airline sector was showing signs of distress even at the start of the year, particularly those in the ‘squeezed middle’ – those lacking clear market differentiation,” Peyrecave said. “For carriers to remain successful, they will have to continue to focus on achieving significant cost reduction, harness an appropriate return on capital and see how they can achieve step changes in mature markets as well as tapping into emerging ones.”
PwC firms provide industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to enhance value for their clients. More than 161,000 people in 154 countries in firms across the PwC network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. See pwc.com for more information.