- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
PwC: National Finalists in xTREME Case Competition
January 5, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
PwC US reently announced the 10 college teams that will compete this month in the national finals of the firm’s tenth annual xTREME Games. The xTREME competition builds the critical thinking, teamwork, leadership, and communication skills of undergraduate accounting students nationwide, while promoting interest in the profession.
The five schools that represented at the national xACT finals January 3-4 in New York City are: University of Arizona, University of Mississippi, Southern Methodist University, Villanova University, and University of Washington. The five schools that will be represented at the national xTAX finals January 24-25 in Washington, D.C., are: Baylor University, Binghamton University, Oklahoma State, Penn State University, and University of Wisconsin.
Since 2008, PwC has supported colleges and universities – and the students they educate – with more than $30 million in funding. The funds have been used for xTREME and a variety of other curriculum enrichment initiatives, such as the incorporation of IFRS into curriculum and faculty learning programs.
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.