- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
PwC: The power behind working together
November 21, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
PwC is proud to launch the 2012 Corporate Responsibility (CR) publication and share the inspiring story about Jaclyn Demianyk – PwC’s 2012 National Volunteer of the Year. The moves coincide with the celebration of the 26th annual National Philanthropy Day.
Demonstrating this proactive approach is Jaclyn Demianyk, PwC’s 2012 Volunteer of the Year recipient. As a child of deaf adults, Jaclyn grew up within the deaf community and has volunteered hundreds of hours with Camp Kakepitay – a camp built by, and providing programs for, deaf children. She now serves as Treasurer on the Board of Directors, and illustrates for others how they can use their professional and leadership capabilities to augment their social impacts.
Jaclyn Demianyk’s story is only the beginning. Eighty –three per cent of PwC employees are satisfied with the actions the firm is taking to be socially responsible through community organizations, events, volunteering and charities.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 169,000 people in 158 countries. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/ca.