- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
PwC: Wattpad wins PwC’s 2012 Innovator of the Year Award
November 22, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Co-founded by Allen Lau and Ivan Yuen, Wattpad provides a free way for people to read fiction and share creative writing on any type of web and mobile device. PwC recently announced that Wattpad, a Toronto-based company which has created the world’s largest community for readers and writers, has been awarded the 2012 Innovator of the Year Award.
“We are excited to be awarded the 2012 Innovator of the Year Award. For tech start-ups, having a solid network and community is instrumental in turning an idea into a successful business. Programs like PwC’s Vision to Reality recognize this, and support our journey to grow into the best company possible,” Lau said.
Runners up for the Innovator of the Year Award include Brossard, Quebec-based Acquisio, an online provider of Performance Media Platform, which marketers can use to buy, track, manage and report on media across all channels through a Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
Toronto-based Infusion was also a runner-up. The company’s Personif platform is a cloud-based video solution that takes video streaming to the next level and allows companies to develop and provide unique marketing content through co-generated and interactive experiences with its customers.
The Vision to Reality Awards program celebrates dynamic companies in the technology sector that have demonstrated successful growth, and whose outstanding achievements have made them some of Canada’s most successful technology companies. These companies have made a difference in Canada by having the courage to expose their visions, and then turn them into the reality of revenues, profit and benefits to the industry.
Once the nomination phase is closed, a shortlist of companies was selected by an independent panel of judges, and from this stage a group of finalists were chosen. Finalists were evaluated by judges based on innovation, financial performance and strategic direction.