- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
McGladrey: New Board Chairman
December 6, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
McGladrey LLP, the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, recently named Roger Hendren as the firm’s new Chairman of the Board, replacing Jerry Bourassa whose term expired Nov. 30, 2012. Additional new board members include Ed Bartak, Phyllis Deiso and Hussain Hasan who were each elected to a four-year term by McGladrey partners.
Hendren is a managing partner in McGladrey’s Dallas, Texas office. He has more than 35 years of experience in the manufacturing, retail distribution and technology industries, with a focus on audits of financial statements, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, selling businesses and consulting on accounting and finance matters. He holds a B.S. in accounting from Northwest Missouri State University, and is a member of the American, Texas and North Carolina institutes of Certified Public Accountants; the Chief Executive Roundtable and the Association for Corporate Growth.
Bartak is a tax partner and construction and real estate leader based in McGladrey’s Kansas City office, Deiso is an assurance partner and national SEC practice leader in Ft. Lauderdale and Hasan is a consulting principal and risk advisory services leader for the Great Lakes area, based in Schaumburg, IL. Like Hendren, their board appointments are effective Dec. 1, 2012. Continuing board members include Joe Adams (Chicago), Brian Becker (Cedar Rapids, IA), Tom Beneventi (Schaumburg, IL), Tom Ferreira (New Haven, CT), E.J. Nedder (Stamford, CT), Craig Radke (Charlotte), Donna Sciarappa (Cleveland) and Jamie Woell (Minneapolis).